Seafood Spaghetti Marinara - Val Verde x The Delightful Cook Collaboration
Simplicity at its best, with gorgeous Seafood Spaghetti Marinara using the fabulous Val Verde Passata Sauce. Made from 100% fresh Italian tomatoes, Val Verde passata is extremely versatile and can be used in so many delicious recipes. It is perfect for every home cook, helping you to inspire and create delicious authentic recipes at home.
Seafood Spaghetti Marinara - Val Verde
400g Val Verde Passata Sauce
750g mixed seafood marinara mix
200g fresh vongole
1 tbsp tomato paste
2-3 fresh anchovy fillets
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
60ml extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Salt to season
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add garlic and anchovies. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until anchovies have melted.
2. Stir in tomato paste for a further minute, until slightly caramelised
3. Add Val Verde Passata Sauce into the saucepan, season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until sauce thickens.
4. Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water, according to packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
5. Add the seafood marinara mix and vongole into the sauce, stir and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the seafood is cooked and the vongole have opened. Discard vongole which have not opened.
6. Add the spaghetti and toss well, making sure all the pasta is coated in the sauce.
7. Serve Seafood Spaghetti Marinara with freshly chopped parsley.
#valverde #italian #valverdepassata #valverdeaus #italy #italianscuisine