120g fine caster sugar
500g strawberries, hulled and halved
Handful fresh mint leaves
1. In a saucepan over low heat, pour the water and sugar and stir until dissolved.
2. In a food processer, blend your strawberries to a puree. Pour the strawberries into the sugar syrup, add the mint leaves and turn up the heat. Simmer for roughly 5 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
3. Pour the mixture through a sieve, making sure to remove most of the seeds and all the mint leaves. Allow to cool completely.
4. Pour into a container and place into the freezer for an hour. Using the fork to rake across the surface and placing it back into the freezer for a further hour. Repeat the same process every hour for the next 4-5 hours until the mixture begins to turn into a slush.
5. Serve in glasses, topped with fresh mint leaves.