Serves 4 - 6
500g Barilla spaghetti pasta
200g of pancetta
1 1/4 cups grated pecorino romano cheese
3 eggs, whisked
Pepper to season
1. Add the egg yolks, pecorino and black pepper into a bowl, whisk well to combine and set aside.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, add rigatoni and cook just under the recommended time. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of pasta water, drain and set aside.
3. While the spaghetti is cooking, in a separate pan cook the pancetta over medium heat. The pancetta will start to release all it's natural oils which will create the base of the sauce. Once the pancetta has turned crisp and golden brown add in the cooked spaghetti.
4. Reduce to the lowest heat, add the pasta water, stir well to combine and coat the pasta.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the egg mixture with the pasta and gently mix together. The residue heat will cook the egg, which will help create a creamy silky sauce.
6. Serve in bowls with extra grated pecorino cheese and black pepper.