Seafood Tomato Risotto - Bertolli Australia x The Delightful Cook Partnership
Risotto is one of my most favourite dishes to make! Lots of people shy away from making this wonderful dish at home, but with a little love and patience, it can be a wonderful dish to master. Using the wonderful @bertolliaus Extra Virgin Olive Oil, this delicious seafood tomato risotto can be made with ease for a brilliant mid-week dinner. Recipe up on the blog. Link in bio x @thedelightfulcook @bertollioliveoil_australia #BertolliPartner #CreatedWithBertolli
¼ cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large onion, peeled and diced
4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
250g Italian arborio rice
4 tbsp tomato paste
300g tin of crushed tomatoes
100ml dry white wine
500ml fish stock
500g mixed marinara seafood
Salt and pepper to season
Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
1. Pour the seafood stock into a small saucepan and over low heat, gently bring to the boil.
2. In a large cast iron saucepan, heat the Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add the onions and garlic and sauté over a low heat for 6-8 minutes until soft and translucent and not browned.
3. Stir in the rice, stirring continuously until it is well coated with the oil.
4. Increase the heat slightly and pour in the white wine, stirring for a few minutes until all the alcohol has completely cooked away, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour in the arborio rice and stir well, making sure all the rice is completely covered. Once the rice has turned an opaque colour, pour in the tomato paste. Reduce the heat to low and stir really well until the tomato paste starts to melt, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, season with salt and pepper to taste and stirring really well until combined. Add a ladle at a time of the hot seafood stock to the rice, making sure you’re stirring constantly so that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan, until all the liquid has absorbed the rice.
7. Repeat until all the stock has been used, making sure you’re stirring continuously, until the rice is cooked through but still has a bite to it. This will take roughly about 15-20 minutes.
8. Add the mixed seafood marinara mix to the rice in the last 10 minutes of cooking, carefully stirring in with the rice to avoid breaking up the fresh pieces of seafood.
9. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve seafood risotto in deep serving bowls.