Makes roughly 12 pancakes
1 cup plain flour
1 1/2 cups full cream milk
2 tbsp. caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla
30g butter, melted and slightly cooled
Rind of one lemon
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
Rind of 2 lemons
1. In a bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla, milk and cooled butter until well combined. Add in the lemon rind, flour, sugar and continue to whisk until the mixture turns to a creamy but thin batter. Set aside in a cool spot for 30 minutes for the mixture to thicken.
2. Heat a nonstick or crepe pan over medium to low heat. Optional to add a little butter to the base of the pan, but a good quality non-stick saucepan will work just as well.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the saucepan, rotating the pan to make sure the entire base is covered in batter. Cook for 45sec - 1 minutes on one side and using a spatula, flip the crespelle over, cooking the other side for a further 30 seconds, until golden brown. These will cook quickly as the batter can be quite thin. Transfer for a plate, covering with paper towel to keep them warm. Continue with the remaining batter.
4. To make the lemon sugar, add both lemon rind and sugar to a food processer. Blitz for 1 minute until the lemon has evenly combined with the sugar. You can store this delicious sugar in an airtight jar and keeping it in the fridge. You can also use lemon sugar on other baked goods and desserts.
4. Take one crespelle and sprinkle a generous amount of lemon sugar all over. Fold in half, then into half once more. Serve your sweet crespelle warm with more lemon sugar and lemon rind.