Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Pasta – Barilla Australia x The Delightful Cook Collaboration
400g Barilla Penne Rigate
250g brown mushrooms, sliced
120g baby spinach
2 garlic cloves, minced
30g unsalted butter
1 cup of cooking cream
200ml vegetable stock
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to season
1. Cook the penne rigate just under recommended cooking time. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, drain and set aside.
2. In a large cast iron pan over medium heat, heat a little olive oil and fry the mushrooms in batches, until golden brown. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3. Add in the butter and garlic and allow to sauté for 1-2 minutes until the butter has melted.
4. Pour in the vegetable stock and cream and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring well to combine.
5. Add the baby spinach leaves and the penne pasta into the pan, stirring well with a wooden spoon to make sure all the ingredients are combined. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Remove from the heat and add grated parmesan cheese to the pasta. Give it another stir, making sure mixed well.
7. Serve in pasta plates with an extra sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.