8 pears, peeled with stalks still in tact
4 cups cold water
1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
3 cinnamon sticks
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
To make the mascarpone
375g mascarpone cream
1/2 cup cinnamon vanilla syrup
1. Peel the pears to remove the skin and keeping their stems in tact.
2. In cast iron pan add the brown sugar, water and gently and over a low heat bring it to a simmer. Scrape the inside of the vanilla bean and adding it into the saucepan. Add the leftover vanilla pod along with the cinnamon sticks and gently stir to combine.
3. Add the pears to the liquid, turning occasionally and cover with a lid to allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Once the pears are soft and turned a delicious golden colour, carefully remove them from the saucepan and place them onto a serving platter.
5. Increase to a medium heat to reduce the liquid until it starts to thicken and turn into a golden syrup, about 10 minutes.
6. In a separate bowl, add the mascarpone and 1/2 cup of the reduced cinnamon vanilla syrup. Gently mix to combine well.
7. Turn off the heat and allow syrup to cool slightly. Pour cinnamon vanilla syrup all over the poached pears.
8 Serve poached pears with dollop of mascarpone topped with cinnamon vanilla syrup.