Baked Mullet with Lemon Herb Oil
4 large mullet fillets, frozen or fresh
For the Lemon & Herb Oil:
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely sliced
1 Lemon sliced
1 tbsp capers
1 anchovy fillet
1 tsp red pepper flakes
½ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
Salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180/350f and prepare a large baking tray or dish, lined with parchment paper.
2. To make the oil, add the oil, garlic, parsley, capers, lemon slices, anchovy, red pepper flakes and olives to a small bowl. Mix well making sure all the ingredients are combined.
3. Place the mullet fillets on the baking trays, skin side down and season with a little salt and pepper.
4. Spoon over the lemon and herb oil evenly over each of the fillets, making sure they are completely covered in the lemon and herb oil.
5. Bake in the oven at 180c/350f for 20-25mins, until the flesh flakes easily when pressed in the centre with a knife.
6. Serve baked mullet with lemon and herb oil immediately, along aside a fresh green salad.