Who loves a good dessert? These very simple and delicious and are a must have for your next dinner party. I made a batch the other day and they went in a flash! I had to make them once again for the upcoming Easter break.
The beautiful creamy mascarpone is a winner with a hint of cinnamon and the sweetness from the pear syrup.
If you're looking for a beautiful dessert that will make your guests wanting more... look no further!
Honey Poached Pears with Cinnamon Mascarpone
4 pears, peeled with stalks still in tact
3 cups cold water
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
To make the mascarpone
375g mascarpone cream
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup pear syrup
1. Place 3 cups cold water, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
2. Add the pears into the saucepan. Cook, turning occasionally for 20 mins or until the pears are soft.
3. Transfer pears to a plate and cook syrup for further 10 mins or until it has reduced to a thicker consistency. Set aside to cool.
4. In a separate bowl, add the mascarpone, cinnamon and pear syrup and whisk until combined,
5. Serve pears with dollop of mascarpone topped with honey syrup.
6. Enjoy x