I has so so many of these come up on my Instagram news feed that I couldn't contain my excitement any longer. I had to give them a go and taste what I had been drooling over the past couple of days.
They are actually quiet simple to my surprise! I've never really been a big fan of making your own pastry as I never thought I would be good at it. In all honesty... It's a breeze and if I could put something together than so can you.
I used peaches are these were the fruits I had on hand but I did have leftover pastry in which I made some with mixed berries.. which my Nonna seemed to enjoy!
Served warm and topped off with delicious vanilla ice cream there's really no complaining here. They were gone in a day.
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Stick cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
1/4 cup iced water
4 peaches, cut into slices
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, salt and butter and process until mixture looks crumbly.
2. Add water and process until the pastry begins to come together.
3. Transfer to a work surface and gather it together to form a ball. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 mins.
4. For the topping - Add the brown sugar , cinnamon and honey and mix until combined. Core and cut the peaches into slices and set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 180c. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry. Cut into 15cm round disks (should make about 6) Place them on a baking trays lined with baking paper.
6. Starting from the middle, place the peach slices on top of the pastry, leaving a 2 inch border from the edge. Repeat the same for each galette. Once completed, fold over the pastry boarders,
7. Drizzle honey mixture evenly over each galette.
8. Cook for an 50mins - 1 hour, until the pastry is brown, crispy and peaches are tender. Transfer to cooling rack.
9. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
10. Enjoy x