For the past few weeks I've been on a 8 week fitness challenge which basically means that I've had to loose the carbs and stick to veggies and lean meats. For the past few weeks, I've also had a craving for macaroni & cheese (insert sigh here) Why do these things keep on happening?
Yes I've been eating fantastic over the past few weeks but I could not say no to this! Authentic macaroni and cheese it so delicious that I don't really need to say more.
I created a recipe that is not only quick and easy that you could whip this up in no time. Perfect for a mid week meal, meatless monday and perfect for the kids.
The only problem is..... don't eat it all at once : )
Macaroni & Cheese - Serves 4
1 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 grated pecorino cheese
1/4 plain flour
2 cups san remo macaroni pasta
2 cups milk
salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook the macaroni according to packet instructions. Once cooked drain and set aside.
2. In a saucepan on medium to low heat, melt the butter. Add the milk and stir with a wisk until combined.
3. Add both cheese to the mixture and mix well. Once combined, slowly start to add the flour. This will help thicken up the sauce.
4. Once this sauce mixture reaches a thicker consistency, add the macaroni and mix together.
5. Season with salt & pepper (if desired) and serve.