4 Italian Pork Sausages (Skins removed and roughly chopped)
½ onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
½ tsp fennel seeds
1 cup of passata
400g (1 can) diced tomatoes
1 tbsp butter
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a saucepan on medium heat add the olive oil and butter, once melted add garlic and
onion and cook until the mixture starts to caramelise.
3. Add the pork sausages and cook for 5 mins or until they start to brown.
4. Add chilli flakes and fennel seeds and cook for a further 1-2 mins or until fragrant.
5. Add diced tomatoes and passata and mix well.
6. Simmer sauce for a further 10 mins on low heat.
7. Equally divide the pork sauce between four mini casserole dishes (or if you wish you can
transfer it to a large baking dish. You can even use a saucepan that which oven proof and
follow the next final steps)
8. Top each one with an egg (or if using a large baking dish, evenly spread out each egg)
9. Place in oven for 8-10 mins or until egg whites have set and yoke is still runny.
10. Serve topped with fresh parsley and crusty bread.