So, I've been stuck at home.. DAY 4 with this flu that has infested half of the population of Melbourne and I've been passing the time by flicking through endless pictures of broths and soups on pinterest to make myself feel better.
I have made these before and they always make happy. Brownie points to freezing some from the last batch I made (YAY!) all I had to make was the chilli broth which is so simple.
I have changed the recipe a few times to match what I have on hand but I think this one is a winner!
the delightful cook
500 grams pork mince
1 cup mushrooms (finely diced)
1 cup cabbage (finely chopped)
3 spring onions (finely diced)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp caster sugar
3 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp chilli oil
1. Place all the ingredients for the pork wontons in a bowl, along with the soy sauce, caster sugar and sesame oil. Mix well.
2. On a clean bench space, set up a wonton station, which includes pork mixture, wonton wrappers and a small bowl filled with water.
3. Place a tsp on the pork mixture in the centre of the wonton wrapper. Lightly wet the sides of the wrapper and fold the bottom over the mixture to form a triangle. Seal all the sides. Take the bottom ends of the triangle at the base and bring them together, then overlap. Seal again with water to secure. repeat with the remaining wontons.
4. Place wontons in a steamer and cook for 6-8 minutes. Once all wontons have been cooked set aside.
5. Combine broth ingredients together in a saucepan on low heat. Bring to the boil then set aside.
6. Place 6-8 pork wontons in a bowl and ladle broth mixture over dumplings, topped with diced spring onion.
7. Enjoy x